QualityIP is a premier local employer with over 15 years of experience in the technology sales & support industry. We provide IT services and solutions to local area businesses by leveraging partnerships developed with recognized technology leaders like Cisco, Dell, Microsoft and more.
We are seeking an experienced Cable Specialist that is flexible and eager to learn all aspects of Information Technology.
Qualifications & Requirements
As with everyone that is employed at QualityIP you must be able to multi-task, like working on a variety of issues and be able to clearly explain complex issues to anyone – regardless of their level of computer expertise. The willingness to follow procedure and to fully document efforts is a must.
Ideal candidates should have:
The ability to perform installations and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems & perform repairs as necessary
- Perform upgrades & additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability
- Coordinate with other team members to complete projects/work orders efficiently
- Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations
- Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optical cables.
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Short-term on-the-job training
- Possession of valid Ohio State driver’s license
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical Mutual Health Insurance with HSA & ancillary benefits
- John Hancock Retirement Account- Simple IRA with 3% company match
- Flexible schedule
- Company cell phone for on-site technicians
- Company vehicle for on-site technicians
- Paid vacation
- Training Reimbursement – Course materials and testing fees 100% company paid
- Company apparel provided at no cost
This is the job you’ve been looking for! Apply today.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
Learn more about working at QualityIP.
If you want to join our team of experts, please send us your resume.
Join our Team