The ideal candidate will possess good customer service skills, desktop support experience and system administration experience. The individual will interface with end users for troubleshooting and repair and will be responsible to ensure systems are backed up, maintained, and secure. This position will also include network connectivity troubleshooting and telephone support.
- Assist incoming support requests
- Escalate tickets if further troubleshooting is needed
- Document issues and resolution steps performed
- Answer technical support phone calls
- Perform project work as needed
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
- Familiarity with using Active Directory to manage users and systems
- Prior experience using a formalized ticketing system to track issues and requests is beneficial
- Basic Networking skills and ability to troubleshoot common network issues
- Driven to learn and stay current in an ever-changing technical landscape
- Ability to listen, read, and understand information, ideas, and issues presented through oral and written communication
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and through writing
- Self-starter with deep problem solving skills, enjoys puzzles
- Customer Services oriented mindset
- Able to prioritize and thrive in stressful situations
- Develop personal skills to efficiently and effectively work individually and as a member of the Technical Services team
- Participate in company-sponsored job-related activities and training to further develop your technical skills
- Participates in ongoing training and attainment of certifications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics – Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications – Expresses thoughts clearly in written form, articulates verbal thoughts understandably, demonstrates active listening skills, comprehends information heard, uses appropriate communication methods, and keeps others informed.
- Conflict Resolution – Maintains calm under pressure, encourages respectful dialogue, confronts difficult situations without bias, acts within realistic timeframe for resolution, and resolves conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency – Follows through as promised, confirms people know each other’s expectations, arrives to and completes meetings on time, meets with direct reports in-person regularly, and changes decisions rarely.
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Manages multiple commitments and/or projects, plans and utilizes time efficiently, responds to changing customer needs, resolves conflicts to deliver on schedule, and completes work in order of customer priorities.
Learn more about working at QualityIP, a managed services provider.
If you want to join our team of experts, please submit your resume below.