Technical Support Specialist
Maintains client uptime and improves their computing experiences through effective on-site monitoring, maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities, as well as further developing our company’s positive reputation with existing clients through exceptional service.
- Manages, maintains, troubleshoots and supports our users’ networks, equipment, software and services.
- Identifies user problems, and works within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs.
- Works with other resources and vendors to deliver effective field support services.
- Identifies, documents and troubleshoots user computing issues to resolution and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes our professional services automation (PSA) solution along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver on-site user support services.
- Updates service request information with accurate documentation of all activities conducted.
- Participates in ongoing training and attainment of certifications.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers that further develop our company’s positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintains relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial to the company.
- Develop personal skills to efficiently and effectively work individually and as a member of the Technical Services team.
- Participate in company-sponsored job-related activities and training to further develop your technical skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics – Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications – Expresses thoughts clearly in written form, articulates verbal thoughts understandably, demonstrates active listening skills, comprehends information heard, uses appropriate communication methods, and keeps others informed.
- Conflict Resolution – Maintains calm under pressure, encourages respectful dialogue, confronts difficult situations without bias, acts within realistic timeframe for resolution, and resolves conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency – Follows through as promised, confirms people know each other’s expectations, arrives to and completes meetings on time, meets with direct reports in-person regularly, and changes decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness – Saves money without lowering quality of service, performs within approved budget, conserves company and customer resources, develops profitable new revenue streams, and identifies new ways to lower costs.
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Manages multiple commitments and/or projects, plans and utilizes time efficiently, responds to changing customer needs, resolves conflicts to deliver on schedule, and completes work in order of customer priorities.
- Network Management – Demonstrates understanding of network architecture, responds promptly to user needs, monitors network performance, identifies and resolves network problems, and anticipates and defines future needs.
Learn more about working at QualityIP.
If you want to join our team of experts, please send us your resume.